Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of our family's favorite stir-fries.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil (divided)
- 1 lb shrimp (Tiger shrimp-raw, peeled & deveined)
- 1 lb broccoli, seperated into florets
- 1 bunch green onion
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can stir fry vegetables (I use Ka-Me Mixed Stir-Fry Vegetables)
- 2 carrots, peeled & sliced on the bias
- 1 (6 ounce) frozen pea pods
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced very fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoons oil in wok over high heat.
- While the oil is heating up, slice the shrimp lengthwise (slice down deveined area) so you have two halves for each shrimp. This makes the shrimp more "bite-sized".
- Add the shrimp and stir-fry them until they turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp to a platter.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok.
- Stir-fry the mushrooms and carrots until slightly tender, then add the broccoli. When the broccoli is bright green, add the remaining vegetables. It is important to stir-fry the veggies in this order so that they are properly cooked without being overdone.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together.
- Return the shrimp to the wok.
- Pour the sauce over all and cook until the sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve with white rice.