Prep 20 mins
Cook 27 mins
We use fresh shrimp when in season. Either way, this is an old family favorite.
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (adjust to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepeeled frozen small shrimp
- cooked buttered grits
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a Dutch oven; stir well.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp, and cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Serve over buttered grits.