1 hr 15 mins
Leslie in Texas's Note:
This can be served as a first course for a dinner party (with the croutons) or as a more casual entree (without the croutons) with steamed rice and stir-fried veggies.Great for warm weather days! Originally from an August 1984 issue of Bon Appetit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (680.38 g) can beer
- 44.37 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, minced
- 4.92 ml celery seed
- 0.59 ml ground red pepper
- 1133.98 g large shrimp, uncooked and unshelled
- 118.29 ml rice vinegar (unseasoned)
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon juice
- 354.88 ml canola oil
- 1.23 ml sesame oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- green onion, brushes (garnish)
- lemon slice (garnish)
- 1For Shrimp.
- 2Bring first 8 ingredients for the steaming liquid to a boil in medium saucepan.
- 3Add shrimp, adjust heat so that water is barely simmering and cook until just pink, about 3 minutes;drain.
- 4Peel and devein shrimp; cool and refrigerate about 2 hours.
- 5For Dressing.
- 6Blend vinegar,mustard and juice in small bowl.
- 7Whisk in oils in thin stream.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Can be made 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
- 10Stir half of dressing into shrimp and chill 30 minutes.
- 11For croutons.
- 12Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 13Combine oil and butter in small bowl.
- 14Dip both sides of bread in mixture and arrange on baking sheet.
- 15Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 16Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes.
- 17Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 18Can be made 1 day ahead. Cool; wrap airtight.
- 19Rewarm in 300 degree oven about 5 minutes.
- 20To Serve.
- 21Arrange shrimp on plates and garnish with green onion brushes and lemon slices. Serve with croutons, passing remaining dressing separately.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Steamed in Beer With Oriental Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 933.3
- Calories from Fat 632
- Total Fat 70.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 246.5 mg
- Sodium 663.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 34.6 g