Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great appetizer to serve at a shindig. If your shindig is just a casual get-together, you could substitute the canned baby shrimp for the medium shrimp and have the same taste results.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent roll dough
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 24 medium shrimp (I buy mine pre-boiled, peeled and deveined)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease a large baking sheet and spread the crescent dough into one large rectangle, sealing the seams and perforations.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut into 24 squares and cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, dill, and salt until smooth and creamy and spread onto each square.
- Spread each square with cocktail sauce and top with a shrimp if using the medium shrimp, or if using canned shrimp, divide among the squares.
- Top the shrimp with green pepper, onion and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour before serving.
Very good. I made it just for DH as I am leaving town again soon, but wanted to make the recipes I said I'd make in remembrance of Amy before heading out. DH likes it so much he is wrapping it up to take to work tomorrow - hopefully it won't be too soggy. Very easy to make - I left the crescent base whole and assembled everything like a pizza. Wish my camera was working so I could have taken a picture.
Im going to try this too ! The combination of ingredients are very well when used with shrimp. My DH loves my shrimp dip and this might be another pleaser for him !