Recipe by Galley Wench
Chicken could be substitued for the shrimp. My version of Bon Appetit's recipe.
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (chili-garlic sauce)
- 4 rice paper, 8-inch-diameter rounds
- 2 1⁄4 cups shredded cabbage and carrots, coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup water chestnut, chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 8 cooked medium shrimp, peeled deveined and halved horizontally
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in small bowl.
- Pour sauce into ramekin.
- Submerge 1 rice paper round in large bowl filled with room-temperature water.
- Let stand until soft and pliable but not limp, lifting occasionally to determine if soft, about 1 minute.
- Place softened round on work surface.
- Mound 2/3 cup coleslaw mix at end of round closest to you; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cilantro and 2 teaspoons mint.
- Top with 4 shrimp halves, cut side down, in single layer.
- Fold in ends of round; roll up tightly into cylinder.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to form 3 more rolls.
- Cut rolls diagonally in half; arrange on plate and serve with sauce.