Crispy, savoury spring rolls with a colourful shrimp filling.
Make and share this Shrimp Spring Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 9 egg roll wraps (8 1/2 inch, 21 cm, square)
- peanut oil or other cooking oil, for deep-frying
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled,deveined,blotted dry and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion (or cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (see Note)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely grated peeled gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Filling: Mix 9 ingredients in small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Stir water into flour in small cup until smooth.
- Cut each wrapper in half into 2 rectangles.
- Keep wrappers covered with damp cloth to prevent drying out.
- Brush all four edges of 1 rectangle with flour paste.
- Place 2 tsp (10 mL) of filling across centre of 1 one short end.
- Roll up, tucking in sides to enclose filling, into small finger-sized cylinders.
- Hint: tuck in sides before rolling (or tuck sides half-way through rolling) to ensure enclosure of filling.
- Repeat with remaining filling and rectangles.
- Deep-fry spring rolls, in 3 batches, in hot 375 degree F (190 degree C) peanut oil for about 3 minutes, turning often, until crisp and golden.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Note: to toast sesame seeds, place in single layer in ungreased shallow pan.
- Bake in 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring or shaking often, until desired doneness.
Family favorite, even for my picky eater that has always refused to try egg rolls.
These are SO flavorful + fresh tasting! Plus they are the perfect size for appetizers or as a side dish. I had never made spring rolls before but it was much easier than I thought it would be. Thanks for the easy to follow directions. I'll be making these again.