1/1 Photo of Shrimp Spring Rolls
1 hr 30 mins
Crispy, savoury spring rolls with a colourful shrimp filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 9 egg roll wraps (8 1/2 inch, 21 cm, square)
- peanut oil or other cooking oil, for deep-frying
- 8 ounces raw shrimp, peeled,deveined,blotted dry and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated carrot
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion (or cilantro)
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated peeled gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1Filling: Mix 9 ingredients in small bowl.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Stir water into flour in small cup until smooth.
- 4Cut each wrapper in half into 2 rectangles.
- 5Keep wrappers covered with damp cloth to prevent drying out.
- 6Brush all four edges of 1 rectangle with flour paste.
- 7Place 2 tsp (10 mL) of filling across centre of 1 one short end.
- 8Roll up, tucking in sides to enclose filling, into small finger-sized cylinders.
- 9Hint: tuck in sides before rolling (or tuck sides half-way through rolling) to ensure enclosure of filling.
- 10Repeat with remaining filling and rectangles.
- 11Deep-fry spring rolls, in 3 batches, in hot 375 degree F (190 degree C) peanut oil for about 3 minutes, turning often, until crisp and golden.
- 12Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 13Note: to toast sesame seeds, place in single layer in ungreased shallow pan.
- 14Bake in 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring or shaking often, until desired doneness.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (587 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 182.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.3 g