From the Market in Tulsa. Time to make is just a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, halved and juiced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (32 count)
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
for the rolls
- 1Combine 6 cups of water, ginger, lemons, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar, bay leaves, green onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to boil.
- 3Season the shrimp with creole seasoning and place in the boiling water.
- 4Let cook for 2 minutes.
- 5Remove pan from heat and allow shrimp to steep in the boiling liquid.
- 6After 2 minutes, remove shrimp from the pan using tongs or a slotted spoon, and allow them to cool at room temperature.
- 7One cool enough to handle, cut the shrim in half lengthwise and reserve until ready to assemble the rolls.
- 8FOR THE ROLLS.
- 9Fill a large bowl with hot water.
- 10Place a clean kitchen towel next to the bowl.
- 11Submerge one rice paper wrapper in the water and soak until softened, about 1 minute.
- 12Carefully remove the rice paper from the water and lay it flat on the towel.
- 13In the center of the sheet, layer 2 tbs of the napa cabbage, 5 or 6 mushrooms, 2 tbs grated carrots, 4 shrimp halves arranged side by side in a row.
- 14Place 2 mint leaves and 2 cilantro sprigs over the shrimp and fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling.
- 15Fold both sides inward over the filling, then roll up in egg roll fashion.
- 16Place seam side down on a plate and repeat process with the remaining rice papers and filling ingredients.
- 17Once all wrappers have been assembled, cut each spring roll in half on the bias, so that you have 32 pieces.
- 18Place the spring rolls on a platter and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (2927 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 485.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
round rice paper sheets