Recipe by Ravenseyes
I love Spring Rolls and I love shrimp but what I didn't like with most of the spring rolls you buy is that they are to greasy or not the right veggies - so I came up with my own and here I am sharing with you as well!
Top Review by LWA says
I made these at a dinner party, and everyone loved them! I served them with sweet chili sauce. They were actually pretty easy to make. I'm going to make a whole bunch to freeze for future lunches.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot (fresh minced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 2 cups cabbage (napa, shredded)
- 2 cups bean sprouts (mung sprouts work best)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot (julienned)
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions (diced on the bias)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shrimp (large deveined and peeled)
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 12 egg roll wraps
Directions See How It's Made
- Deveine and peel your shrimp chopped into small pieces - you should have a good 2 cups chopped shrimp. Set aside.
- In a large wok style pan stir fry the first 6 ingredients, in 2 tsp of olive oil (or peanut oil) Stir in oyster sauce, pepper flakes and soy sauce. Cook down for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add shrimp.
- Place egg roll wrappers on the counter - I do 6 at a time as that is what I can comfortably work with on my counter - place 2 tbsp of the filling diagonally on the wrapper - fold bottom corner of the wrapper over the filling, roll snugly half-way to cover the filling. Fold both sides snugly against the filling; moisten the edges of the top flap and roll the flap over to seal - lay flap side down until ready to cook - place in a plate that has been lightly floured.
- You can deep fry at 350°F or I take a cast iron skillet and fill 1/3 with canola oil and get to frying temp (when you take a tooth pick and immerse it in the oil and oil spatters up it's ready) arrange 2-3 egg rolls at one time and flip when golden brown. Place on paper towel to absorb any fats - serve hot with some duck sauce and enjoy!