Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spread on baguette slices, crostini, bagel chips, flatbread, or cucumber slices.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup packed fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) containers mascarpone cheese, chilled
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled cooked shrimp, coarsely chopped (seasoned to taste)
- assorted cracker
- Pesto: add basil, parsley, pine nuts, and garlic to a food processor; with the machine running, slowly add the oil through the feed tube.
- Stir in the Parmesan; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mascarpone on a serving platter in a ½-inch thick layer.
- Spread the pesto on top of the mascarpone.
- Sprinkle the shrimp all over the spread; serve chilled, with the crackers for spreading.