Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 2 cans shrimp, rinsed and drained (4 1/4 ounces each)
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- to taste cracker (assorted)
- Finely chop the shrimp; place in a bowl.
- Stir in the next six ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Serve with crackers.
I used frozen "salad shrimp" (they were much less expensive, and more appealing to me), and I added about 1 T Old Bay seasoning. For the hot sauce, I used a sweet & hot Thai sauce. Took this to a dinner party, and everyone loved it. NOTE: my version is a tad spicy; I was told it wasn't too spicy, but surprised some as shrimp dip is usually fairly tame, I suppose. As for prep, it doesn't come much easier than this; and I made it the night before, and it was ready to go when I got off work the next day!
I've made this a few times now and really love it. I don't bother with chopping the shrimp, as it seems to break up enough to suit me during the mixing process, but otherwise make no changes. I really like that there is more shrimp than "spread", if that makes sense. :) Anyway, thanks for posting, Marg!