Recipe by Dan-Amer #1
This recipe is for a large gathering. It says it will make 40 servings. Recipe is taken from cookbook issued by the Ministering Circle of Wilmington, NC in 1964.
- 3 lbs raw shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 2 lemons, juice and zest of, grated
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, and sour cream until an uniform mixture is obtained. Add the celery, green pepper, onion, lemon juice, and lemon rind and mix in well. Cut the shrimp into three pieces and add to the mixture, stirring in until well blended. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, paprika, and salt to taste. Store in refrigerator for 3-4 hours to let flavors blend. Serves 40.