Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the best shrimp spread I have ever eaten! The recipe was shared by a neighbor I used to have.
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup fresh onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 6 -8 ounces cooked shrimp (for best flavor, use fresh cooked shrimp(not canned)
- Thoroughly blend all ingredients.
- Chill well.
- Serve with crackers or party bread.
I made this Shrimp spread for a TGIF last Friday and it was a big hit. My small appliances are on strike so I mixed it by hand and it was easy to mix. I used small frozen shrimp and did not chop them up. The spread has an interesting sweetness and tastes good on toast as well as crackers.
Very quick and easy to make. Divided it into three and froze two for later. My guests seemed to like this as I did. Thanks Donna M.
This was great and everyone at the potluck I brought this to loved it. I did change quite a bit, as I almost always do. I used shrimp cocktail sauce instead of the chili sauce and horseradish, scallions instead of onions, and added fresh lime juice, cayenne pepper and worcerstershire sauce.