Recipe by trwittern
Delicious and healthy, good for any meal. I used 1/2 lb of 31-40 count shrimp instead of the large ones, and sliced them in half lengthwise. From Relish Magazine.
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh tomatoes or 1⁄3 cup diced canned tomato
- 1 dash dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 12 large shrimp, sliced in half crosswise (16 to 20 count)
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 cup packed chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Whisk eggs and egg whites together in a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, Ancho chili powder and chopped basil. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add canola oil. Season shrimp with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. When oil is hot, place shrimp in pan and sauté 1 minute. Add shallot and sauté 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- Spread shrimp and spinach mixture evenly in skillet. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Use a spatula to lift shrimp and spinach mixture, allowing egg mixture to flow underneath. Sprinkle goat cheese on top. Once the frittata is set on the bottom, transfer to oven and bake 13 to 15 minutes, until puffy and golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes before cutting into wedges.