Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The colors in this simple salad are striking. A great light lunch.
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 2 cups romaine lettuce leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 6 ounces black olives, drained
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 sweet red pepper, cubed in ½ inch pieces
- 8 ounces cooked and frozen baby shrimp (rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- Place lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk in salt, pepper and mustard.
- Slowing whisk in oil, adding a little at a time until thickened Add rest of the ingredients.
- Let stand an hour.
- Mix salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- Dress w/ vinaigrette.
I thought that it was very tasty, but I had to take out the olives because they don't tickle my taste buds, other than that I think that this recipe is great. I would certainly recommend it.
This is a easy, very light lunch. Crisp, Salty, Cruncy, Tangy, Refreshing and Satisfying! I did use large shrimp and placed four per serving. I made the dressing in the blender and added a clove of garlic! Thanks Aroostook for posting this salad!