Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes my mouth water. From the Nov. 26, 2006 edition of the Dallas Morning News which received it from Executive chef Blythe Beck, Hector's on Henderson restaurant in Dallas.
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml garlic, chopped
- 453.59 g raw tiger shrimp, finely chopped
- 907.18 g washed spinach, chopped
- 473.18 ml gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon, Juice of
- 453.59 g medium mushroom, washed and stemmed
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over low heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add shrimp, spinach, cheese and lemon juice.
- Fold the mixture over and over until spinach cooks down evenly and cheese is melted.
- Stuff mushroom caps with shrimp-cheese mixture.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.
This is, without a doubt in my mind, one of the tastier stuffed mushroom recipes I've tried. Didn't have fresh spinach so I substituted bok choy, everything else was according to the recipe and it was a hit in this household.
We loved these. I made using lg. portabella mushrooms and made enough to fill 2. My DD and I enjoyed these so much! Thanks!
I halved the recipe and more than enough to fill 4 large portafino mushrooms each weighing 100g, actually I think I could have filled 6 quite generously. The DM and I enjoyed our 2 each for lunch but agreed 1 1/2 each would have been adequate. I couldn't get gruyere so used swiss and my lemon was huge and I got nearly 1/2 cup of juice, used a 1/4 cup but use halve that again. Thank you Bella14Ragazza for a great lunch, made for Photo Tag, Fall 2008.