Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
This makes my mouth water. From the Nov. 26, 2006 edition of the Dallas Morning News which received it from Executive chef Blythe Beck, Hector's on Henderson restaurant in Dallas.
Top Review by Sharon C.
This is, without a doubt in my mind, one of the tastier stuffed mushroom recipes I've tried. Didn't have fresh spinach so I substituted bok choy, everything else was according to the recipe and it was a hit in this household.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 1 lb raw tiger shrimp, finely chopped
- 2 lbs washed spinach, chopped
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon, Juice of
- 1 lb medium mushroom, washed and stemmed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over low heat.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant but not browned.
- Add shrimp, spinach, cheese and lemon juice.
- Fold the mixture over and over until spinach cooks down evenly and cheese is melted.
- Stuff mushroom caps with shrimp-cheese mixture.
- Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling.