Recipe by ellie_
THis is only 6 points/serving for a quick weeknight meal. Recipe source: WW magazine (January 2008)
Top Review by Nif
Oh so good! This took minutes to make and the results were just what I had hoped. I used 1 clove of garlic in the sauce and 2 cloves with the shrimp. I also added some oregano and lemon juice to the shrimp, which were nice additions. I will be whipping this dish up again in the future. Made for my fellow chef from the Tasty Testers. Thanks ellie_! :)
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mint, chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 inch) whole wheat pita bread, warmed and split
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a broiler rack with Pam and preheat broiler.
- In a small bowl mix together the cucumber adn 1/2 teaspoon salt in a colander and let drain.
- To make sauce mix together in a small bowl the yogurt, vinegar, 1 tablespoon mint, 1 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon garlic.
- Combine shrimp, pepper and remaining salt, mint, oil and garlic. Thread shrimp on 4 skewers (if using wooden ones soak for at least 30 minutes).
- Broil skewers for 5-6 minutes or until opaque, turning occasionally.
- Squeeze cumbers and stir into sauce.
- To serve, place one skewer on pita bread with 1/3 cup of sauce.