Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
From Good Housekeeping Grilling Cookbook.
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato, without salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 skewers
- Soak skewers in cold water so they won't burn on the grill.
- Place dried tomatoes in small bowl.
- Pour boiling water over tomatoes, let stand while preparing shrimp.
- Pull off legs from shrimp.
- Insert tip of kitchen shears under shell of each shrimp and snip along back to tail, cutting about 1/4th inch deep to expose vein.
- Leaving shell on, rinse shrimp to remove vein.
- Place shrimp in a bowl.
- Prepare grill.
- Drain dried tomatoes, reserving 1/4-cup of soaking liquid.
- Blend tomatoes with reserved liquid, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper until well blended. Pour over shrimp.
- On 4 long skewers, thread shrimp.
- Place skewers on grill over medium heat. Grill 8-10 min, turning occasionally, and basting with tomato mixture.