- 2 french butter croissants, sliced in half crosswise
- 2 teaspoons butter (I use Becel) or 2 teaspoons margarine (I use Becel)
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 5 -6 lettuce leaves
- 1 (113 g) can baby shrimp, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly (red, room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice Croissants crosswise and spread with butter.
- Place lettuce leaves on bottom half of croissants and top with thin slices of tomato, set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly mix together, shrimp, smoked Gouda cheese, jalapeno jelly, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt.
- Place half of the shrimp/cheese mixture on top of the tomato on each croissant.
- Close loosely with the top half of the croissant and cut in half if you wish.
- (The Jalapeno jelly can either be layered on top of the butter under the lettuce and tomato or mixed in with the shrimp and cheese, both ways are excellent!).