Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My version of a popular restaurant sandwich, delicious!
- 2 french butter croissants, sliced in half crosswise
- 2 teaspoons butter (I use Becel) or 2 teaspoons margarine (I use Becel)
- 1 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 5 -6 lettuce leaves
- 1 (113 g) can baby shrimp, rinsed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons smoked gouda cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly (red, room temperature)
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice Croissants crosswise and spread with butter.
- Place lettuce leaves on bottom half of croissants and top with thin slices of tomato, set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly mix together, shrimp, smoked Gouda cheese, jalapeno jelly, mayonnaise and a pinch of salt.
- Place half of the shrimp/cheese mixture on top of the tomato on each croissant.
- Close loosely with the top half of the croissant and cut in half if you wish.
- (The Jalapeno jelly can either be layered on top of the butter under the lettuce and tomato or mixed in with the shrimp and cheese, both ways are excellent!).
These were excellent. I made these for a luncheon with my girl friends and they were a huge hit. The pepper jelly mixed beautifully with the cheese and shrimp.
Outstanding!! We liked this a lot! Grabbed green jalapeno jelly off the store shelf instead of red but it was perfect. This was messy to eat (perhaps WE are just messy!) but time has proven that the messy sandwiches and burgers are invariably delicious. I warmed the croissants briefly in the toaster oven. Used frozen shrimp and thawed about 120 g from the bag. Doubled the grated gouda. This amount was enough for us. (Mind you, this was the night we got into No-crust Broccoli Quiche #113555; the two complemented each other nicely!)
I was extremely delighted when I made this! I don't think I had ever had smoked gouda cheese and shrimp, so I had no idea what to expect. It is delicious! I mixed the jalapeno jelly in with the shrimp mix and it was wonderful, just made the mixture a little redder than if it was separate. Word of advice, one recipe was not enough for DH and I to have as much as we wanted on a croissant! LOL! I also think this would be great with your favorite crackers. Next time I will double the recipe! Thanks Derf!