Recipe by Bev
This very refreshing appetizer comes from Southern Living, June 2007. Cook time reflects time to chill. I hope you will enjoy it!
Top Review by ciciandjosh_9941663
I made these for a Gothic Themed Halloween Dinner Party. They looked great! I have to say that they were good and a nice change of pace, but not everyone enjoyed them. There really isn't anything WRONG with them... they're just not great.
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs peeled large cooked shrimp
- romaine lettuce hearts, leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- To Make Vinaigrette:.
- Whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- For Shrimp:.
- Place cooked shrimp and vinaigrette mixture in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- Seal and chill at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Arrange lettuce leaves in 8 (6- to 8-oz.) glasses.
- Spoon shrimp mixture evenly into glasses.
- Note: Vinaigrette may be prepared ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Let vinaigrette come to room temperature, and whisk before adding cooked shrimp.