1/1 Photo of Shrimp Shanghai
1 hr 10 mins
Adapted from Morey Amsterdam's Benny Cooker Crock Book. Although the title comes from a joke from Amsterdam's night club act, the recipes are all genuine. Prep time is marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine soy sauce, whiskey, ginger, garlic, sugar and stock in a large bowl.
- 2Add shrimp and mix well.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 4Drain shrimp, reserving marinade.
- 5Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat.
- 6Add shrimp and stir-fry 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add peas and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 8Add water chestnuts and stir-fry 1 minute.
- 9Remove shrimp and keep warm. (Leave the vegetables in the pan.).
- 10Mix cornstarch with enough cold water to form a thin paste.
- 11Stir into marinade.
- 12Pour marinade mixture into pan with the vegetables.
- 13Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes, or until sauce has thickened and become glossy.
- 14Pour sauce over shrimp.
- 15Serve with rice and cherry tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Shanghai
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.1
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 478.8 mg
- Sodium 4203.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 58.4 g