Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh the flavor of this simply perfect summer dish! Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved lengthwise
- 1 cup tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, slivered
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup avocado, diced
- 4 slices limes
- Bring citrus juices, ketchup, and garlic to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add shrimp; reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes; Drain shrimp through a sieve over a bowl, reserving citrus mixture.
- Place shrimp on a plate and chill.
- Prepare a large bowl of ice water; nest the bowl of citrus juices in the ice water an whisk until cooled.
- Stir tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, oil, 1 tsp salt, and hot sauce into citrus mixture.
- Add shrimp; toss well to coat.
- Chill at least 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, dip 4 glasses in 2 TBS lime juice and then into kosher salt.
- Spoon 1/4 cup avocado into each glass and top with 1 cup shrimp mixture.
- Garnish with lime slices and serve with crusty bread.
Just a few changes due to lack of ingredients, substitute orange for lime(1/4 squeezed mini oranges) 1/4lemon. I did not have o.J. either, so I used cran apple juice, lots of vitimain c.
not to spicy w/ a great sweet bity taste.
Very good, now this was for a Valentines catering, but of course I had to pre taste. Nice. I did add scallops and shrimp vs all shrimp 3/4 each. I did add some fresh ground pepper, and 1 garlic clove minced garlic, but otherwise, exact. I served mine on small plates on a bed of micro greens. I toss the greens with orange and lime juice and olive oil. Just the smallest amount. Then a scoop of the salad. I garnish with a thin small wedge of lemon, lime and orange on the side. Definitely yummy, would definitely make again.
This was excellent. The sauce has such a full-bodied and complex flavor. Not too spicy at all, just very good. We did cut the amount of shrimp back to just 1 lb. and I substituted Hungarian yellow wax peppers for the jalapenos, because I have lots of them growing in my garden at the moment. This made 4 very generous servings. We served it in small bowls like a cold soup. I don't see how the amount I made could have ever fit into 4 glasses? Definitely will make this again. Yumm-O.