Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is a great dish for olive-lovers. I usually serve it with rice or couscous.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, pitted and halved
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Add oil to an oven-proof skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the onions; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 minutes or until onions are soft and tranparent.
- Add in the garlic, pepper flakes, capers, and olives.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Add in the tomato puree, parsley, and dill; stir to combine and bring mixture to a simmer.
- Lower the heat to low setting and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the mixture is the consistency of spaghetti sauce.
- Add in the salt and pepper; stir to combine.
- Take the skillet off the stove burner; add in the shrimp and stir to mix well.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the top.
- Place the skillet in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through and the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve hot.