Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Weight Watcher's International 1977 Greece. Serve with rice or couscous.
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons dill, minced
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 tomatoes, chopped, peeled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 12 ounces shrimp, raw, peeled
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄8 cup black olives, sliced
- Add onion to chicken stock; cook, stirring, until onion starts to brown.
- Add fresh garlic, dill, and parsley; if you use dried you will need less.
- Stir in dry mustard.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, and capers.
- Simmer 30 minutes.
- Add uncooked shrimp to a 1-1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover with sauce.
- Top with feta and mozzarella cheeses.
- Sprinkle with olives.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
WOW! This recipe is really delicious and this dish is one of the best I ever had! This is not a joke! My children said I have to do this again, because it's toooo gooood!
The recipe directions are really clear and simple, easy for everybody!
The baking time of 10 minutes was perfect, the shrimps through but still juicy.
I prepared this dish on a bed of roasted peppers as in this way I did not need to prepare a veggies side dish.
Dee, your recipes are divine! Thanks a lot for this great dinner!
Delicious, perfectly-cooked shrimp! Seems like a lot of cheese for a Weight Watchers recipe; think you could use even less feta. Will make this one again!
This is so easy, taste great and from WW - just perfect. The spices were right on and I wouldn't change a thing. The timing was perfect with tender, moist shrimp. DH is already asking for this one again. Thanks Dienia for posting this winner. Made for Fall PAC 2012 - but I'll be making it often from now on.