Recipe by Alayane
Easy to prepare but looks like you slaved in the kitchen. From Real Simple Magazine. My family loved it.
Top Review by lesliecoy
Made this last night and the taste was Wonderful - but the smell while it was cooking was even better. I did end up cooking the sauce longer to thicken - but that was no biggie. I made some oven baked wild and brown rice to go with this dish and we topped it off with fresh ground parmesan cheese. Will be making this recipe over and over! Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced4
- 1 cup dry white wine, such as sauvingnon blanc
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the wine, tomatoes 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the shrimp and simmer until cooked through, about 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Spoon the rice into a serving dish or divide among individual plates. Top with the scampi and sprinkle with the tarragon.