Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You can mix the zucchini and shrimp together if you want before serving. I like the difference in the textures when you look at it but it is not necessary. Enjoy
- 1 tablespoon green onion, finely chopped including green top
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 drop Tabasco sauce
- 8 ounces zucchini, shredded (approx. 2 cups)
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- lemon wedge, to garnish (to garnish)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, cleaned
- Clean shrimp and pat them dry.
- Set aside.
- Melt the margarine in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in the green onion, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, and salt, and cook until bubbly.
- Add the shrimp and cook, stirring constantly, until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, lemon zest and tabasco.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add the zucchini and stir fry over heat until tender, about 2 minutes.
- Serve about 1/2 cup of zucchini, 1/2 cup of shrimp over the spaghetti.
- Garnish with lemon wedges if desired.
This was delicious! I used Campanelle pasta shells in place of the spaghetti. Worked out nicely. I kinda guess on how much butter (2Tbs) to use since it didn't say in the ingredients and I also added alittle more olive oil. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Delicate yet flavoursome, and elegant enough for a dinner party! The only change I made was to use slightly more lemon & zest, considerably more Tabasco & a sprinkling of freshly cracked pepper. I added the zucchini to the shrimp towards the end of the cooking time, which worked out well. Thank you for a delicious recipe I will make again.