1/2 Photos of Shrimp Scampi With Pasta Alfredo
It just doesn't get any easier than this! Not including the marinating and pasta water heating time, dinner is on the table in ten minutes. My family has been passing around this little jewel of a recipe for a couple of years and I usually make it about twice a month. I just eyeball the amount of ingredients, so use your own judgment if things don't look right. To make it even easier, I usually prepare the raw shrimp/marinade mixture in Ziploc bags and stuff them in the freezer for super-quick mid-week dinners (I cook the shrimp without thawing them-justs takes a minute or two longer). My mom likes to add 1/2 teaspoon of dry mustard to her marinade, but I omit it due to personal preference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
SHRIMP AND MARINADE
- 453.59 g raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 14.79 ml dried parsley flakes
- 14.79 ml Italian dressing
- 4.92 ml salt
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 0.25 ml ground black pepper
- 1Marinate the shrimp in the other ingredients until you are ready for them.
- 2Thirty minutes before you are ready to serve, start heating the pasta water and place the half-and-half and butter in a large serving bowl to soften (sometimes I nuke it in the microwave for a minute or two).
- 3Put a large skillet over high (or medium high) heat to get it really hot.
- 4When the pasta is about three minutes away from being done (done=al dente), dump the shrimp and marinade into the hot skillet.
- 5Toss the shrimp around as they cook.
- 6Once the shrimp are pink and curled-up (about three minutes), remove the skillet from the heat.
- 7Drain the pasta and dump it into the serving bowl with the half-and-half and butter.
- 8Add the Parmesan cheese, a pinch of salt and a few grinds of black pepper and toss together gently (the residual heat from the pasta melts everything together).
- 9Pour the shrimp and sauce over the top and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi With Pasta Alfredo
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 817.9
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 202.9 mg
- Sodium 1729.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 42.1 g