1/1 Photo of Shrimp Scampi With Linguini
Recipe from Tyler Florence
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 large shallot, finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 20 large shrimp, about 1 pound, peeled and deveined, tail on
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- 2When it has come to the boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini.
- 3Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover.
- 4When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done.
- 5Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of water.
- 6Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 7Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 8Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm.
- 10Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil.
- 11Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil.
- 12When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta and reserved pasta water.
- 13Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- 14Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi With Linguini
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.6
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 283.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 19.6 g