Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Shrimp Scampi With Linguini recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb linguine
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- For the pasta, put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. When it has come to the boil, add a couple of tablespoons of salt and the linguini. Stir to make sure the pasta separates; cover. When the water returns to a boil, cook for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the pasta is not quite done. Drain the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes (if using) until the shallots are translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper; add them to the pan and cook until they have turned pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the shrimp from the pan; set aside and keep warm. Add wine and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons oil. When the butter has melted, return the shrimp to the pan along with the parsley and cooked pasta. Stir well and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over a bit more olive oil and serve immediately.
I saw this recipe on the food network web site, thought it looked really good and it had a lot of good reviews. It was wonderful and sooo easy! Try it, you wonâ€™t be disappointed!
Great dish! I went to add this recipe and saw that it was posted. I downloaded my recipe from foodnetwork.com. I doubled the garlic and added about 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes. I also a handful of parmesan cheese when I was mixing everything together. I liked this recipe because it doesn't use quite as much butter as other recipes. Very nice dish. Thanks for posting frozenmargarita.
Excellent recipe. We made this for dinner tonight. It was so easy and so tasty. We substituted angel hair pasta for the linguini since we like that pasta better and used cayenne pepper instead of the red pepper flakes and it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing this recipe.