Recipe by KathyP53
This version for 4 can be adjusted for spiciness according to the amount of red pepper flakes. I prefer the 1/2 tsp. Some folks might like less. Either way it's delicious.
- 3⁄4 lb dried linguine
- 12 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 12 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups white wine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 grated lemon, juice and zest of
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook linguine until al dente 9-10 minutes. Ladle out and reserve 3/4 cup of pasta water, then drain linguine.
- Meanwhile, combine 4 tbsp buuter, oil, pepper flakes, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add shrimp, season to taste with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is just pink but completely cooked through, 2-3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add wine and cook, stirring ans scraping bottom of skillet to release any browned bits, until sauce has thickened, 8-10 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet along with cooked linguine and 1/2 cup reserved pasta water; toss well. Add remaining butter, parsley, lemon zest and juice, and reserved pasta water. Cook until sauce has thickened slightly, 1-2 minutes more. Serve immediately.