Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Food Network. I have not tried but it sound good.
Make and share this Shrimp Scampi With Garlic Toasts recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- kosher salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 slices crusty bread (thick, 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine or 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, zest of
- lemon wedge, for serving
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh chives
- Preheat the broiler. Heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the red pepper flakes and cook 1 to 2 minutes; remove from the heat. Brush both sides of the bread with some of the garlic mixture and arrange on a baking sheet. Broil the bread until toasted, about 1 minute per side. Divide the bread among 4 bowls.
- Place the skillet with the remaining garlic mixture over high heat. Add the shrimp and toss to coat, then stir in the wine and lemon zest and juice. Transfer to the broiler and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer the shrimp with a slotted spoon to the bowls.
- Return the skillet to high heat and boil the cooking liquid until slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in the parsley and chives. Whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and simmer 1 to 2 more minutes; pour over the shrimp. Serve with lemon wedges.