Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Idea taken from: Food Network show. Great served over favorite pasta of choice or with a warm crusty bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (11 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, extra for garnish
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated) (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes
- Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- Add garlic,shallots, and arthichoke hearts to oil remaining in skillet, stirring until softened but not browned.
- Add white wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Garnish with additional parsley, parmigiano reggiano, and red pepper flakes and serve.
This was excellent! I LOVE artichoke hearts and I really love shrimp, so when I saw this recipe, I knew I would enjoy it. Made a few changes based on what I had on-hand...used canned artichoke hearts, only one tablespoon of butter, and jumbo prawns. I served it over penne pasta, and it was wonderful!! My six year old devoured this as well. Thanks for a great recipe!