1/2 Photos of Shrimp Scampi With Artichokes
Idea taken from: Food Network show. Great served over favorite pasta of choice or with a warm crusty bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 20)
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced (about 4 teaspoons)
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (11 ounce) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, extra for garnish
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano-reggiano cheese (grated) (optional)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking.
- 2Sauté shrimp, turning over once, until just cooked through, about 2 minutes
- 3Transfer with a slotted spoon to a large bowl.
- 4Add garlic,shallots, and arthichoke hearts to oil remaining in skillet, stirring until softened but not browned.
- 5Add white wine, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, 1 minute.
- 6Add butter to skillet, stirring until melted, and stir in shrimp.
- 7Remove skillet from heat.
- 8Divide among 4 plates.
- 9Garnish with additional parsley, parmigiano reggiano, and red pepper flakes and serve.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi With Artichokes
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 394.9
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 254.1 mg
- Sodium 352.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 31.5 g