Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy shrimp dish. It takes less than 1/2 hour from start to finish! You can even eliminate the spaghetti and eat just with the shrimp. Be sure to have plenty of Italian bread to mop up the extra scampi sauce! You can even serve over plain white rice. This also freezes very well. Just defrost in a refrigerator, reheat and serve over freshly made pasta! This recipe serves about 4 people and can easily be doubled or tripled to make more. If you like more shrimp, add more...it will not affect the taste!
- In a large saucepan add the Olive oil and butter together over a medium heat until all the butter is melted.
- Add 1/2 the garlic to the saucepan and simmer for about 3 minutes till the garlic starts to get transparent. (make sure your heat is not too high, you don't want the garlic to brown at all, it will create a very bitter taste).
- After 3 minutes add the white wine to the mixture. If using gas heat, make sure to remove the pan from heat before adding the wine to avoid fire. Stir mixture and allow to cook together for 4 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and rest of garlic to mixture and stir together. after about 3 minutes, flip over the shrimp to make sure both sides cook evenly. Cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- After all the shrimp are cooked and the mixture is mixed thoroughly remove from heat and add the parsley and cheese. Stir it all together and serve over cooked pasta. I allow people to add their own salt and pepper to taste as the italian cheese has a very salty taste! Enjoy!
I was able to scale down the recipe to a single serving without any problems. That suits my solo lifestyle and because I put the spaghetti right into my bowl, and poured the shrimp and sauce on top, I solved another potential concern. I was concerned about the amount of garlic, however by lifting the spaghetti and shrimp with my fork, the sauce and garlic stayed in the bottom of the bowl. I also did a rough crop of the parsley which added an interesting texture to the meal and the sourness of the green balanced nicely with the sweetness of the lightly flavored sauce. Thank You for sharing this recipe with us.
This was very good. What's not to like with lots of butter and garlic? Thanks for sharing.