Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recently started to try and eat the "Clean Living" way, which is to eat food in it's most natural state, without adding too many ingredients. Not a Raw diet, as you cook your food. I got this recipe from "Clean Living" Magazine. It's delicious and once everything is prepped, takes less than 20 minutes to cook! Delicious! This recipe freezes well.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 ear of corn, shucked & Kernels removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Cook Orzo according to Package directions.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut the kernels off corn. Set Kernels aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, heat Olive Oil. Add Garlic and cook for 30 seconds (careful not to burn).
- Add Shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Corn and cook until Shrimp are cooked through, another 2 minutes or so.
- Add cornstarch to water and stir.
- Add broth, cornstarch & water mixture, salt & Pepper to Shrimp. Stirring until the liquid comes to a boil and sauce thickens.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in green onions and lime juice.
- Drain Orzo, Transfer to serving bowl and top with Shrimp mixture. Serve Immediately.