Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got the original recipe out of a Woman's World recipe and I have added my own personal touches. This is a real crowd pleaser and it's great for dinner parties.
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 1 lb large shrimp (peeled and devained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces sugar snap peas
- 1 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lemon zest (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with 1/8 teaspoons of salt (reserve the rest) Set shrimp aside.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 Tbs. oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and pepper flakes. Cook 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and cook, turing once until no longer opaque (about 2 minutes per side).
- Using tongs or a slotted spoon, remove shrimp from skillet and set aside, leaving the garlic and pepppers as much as you can.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil, peas and remaining salt. Cooking until just tender (about 4 minutes).
- Add carrots and chicken broth. Cook 1 minute. Stir in butter. Cook till melted. Add parsley, lemon juice, pasta and shrimp.
- Cook, tossing until heated through (about 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle with zest then top with parmesan cheese.