Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
This is the most wonderful shrimp scampi out there!!! It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and will have everyone begging you for more! The crushed red pepper flakes gives it a great kick.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons garlic, finely chopped (or minced)
- 3⁄4 cup white wine, with lemon flavor
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 lbs shrimp, precooked, skinned, and deveined
- Melt butter in big saucepan.
- Add garlic and let sizzle for about 2 minutes.
- Add everything else but the shrimp, and stir.
- Let cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add in shrimp and heat through, stirring to coat.
Absolutely delicious and tender. Perfectly creamy. My substitutions are not significant, but are as follows. I grated the garlic with my microplane grater for more intense flavor, left out the parsley 'cause I just can't stand the dried version and used 3/4 cup Japanese Sake as I was out of wine. I actually preferred the flavor of the Sake, but this perfectly simple recipe was incredibly perfect.
This was totally awesome! The only thing I did differently was to add the zest of one lemon. We'll have this often!
Totally WOWser. Yum and so easy it deserves 10 stars. LORD, thank you for sharing this shrimp scampi. If you love shrimp, if you love easy and delicious, this is perfect.