Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 1 lb shrimp, medium to large, raw, cleaned
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 4 ounces butter
- 2 ounces white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, uncooked
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, ungrated
- In a large saute pan, melt butter. add parsley and garlic and saute about 3 minutes. Add wine, chives, dry mustard and lemon juice. Heat until just simmering. Add raw shrimp and saute until just barely cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, full pot of water to boil. Add 2 T. olive oil and 1 t. salt. Add 6 oz. angel hair pasta and bring to a moderate boil for 6-8 minutes. Drain.
- Arrange pasta into three individual bowls. Spoon shrimp and sauce over the top. Grate fresh Parmesan cheese over the top. Serves three.
Delicious!! If you love butter, garlic, and lemon with your shrimp, you'll love this recipe. This scampi goes together super fast and has lots of flavor. I doubled the recipe to serve 6 and there were no leftovers. I used a chardonnay wine and added some fresh, cracked black pepper. Also, be sure to use real butter, not margarine with this...it is a must. My family devoured this and claimed it a winner. Thank you for sharing. *Made for 2009 Spring PAC*