Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This scampi variation is from Cooking Light.
- 2 lbs large unpeeled shrimp
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups angel hair pasta, cooked (about 3/4 pound uncooked)
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails intact. Starting at tail end, butterly underside of each shrimp, cutting to, but not through, back of shrimp. Arrange 8 shrimp, cut sides up, in each of 6 gratin dishes; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a small skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper and garlic; saute 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in wine, parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Spoon wine mixture evenly over each serving; sprinkle paprika over shrimp, and broil 6 minutes or until shrimp is done. Serve with angel hair pasta.
- Yield: 6 servings (8 shrimp and 1 cup pasta each).