Recipe by Verelucky
This is by request...Not for anyone on a low fat diet! It's also great as an appetizer for a party, just use small plates and forks to serve it. I don't remember where I got it but I think it might have been on a butter box. (Land-O-Lakes???) My family requests it at every family occasion. I have to tell you that I don't measure everthing in this recipe anymore. Just by eye now and I love garlic so you might go easy on it if your not a huge fan! (FYI, I have butter on the stovetop, a bowl with breadcrumb mix next to it, and casserole dish next to it. Sort of like an assembly line!) Recipe can be halved or quartered!
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled,cleaned & deveined,set aside
- 1 lb butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes (approx)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives (optional)
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers, i use the low sodium kind now,it my preference (don't crush to finely, leave chunky)
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Mix ground pepper, parsley, chives, Ritz crackers and bread crumbs together in a large bowl.
- Have bowl near stovetop.
- Sprinkle a handful (1/2 cup) of breadcrumb mixture in bottom of casserole dish, set aside.
- In 2 qt saucepan saute crushed garlic clove then discard.
- Add 1 lb of butter to sauce pan and melt over low heat.
- Keep heat very low and add shrimp, several at a time to butter, quickly removing them and coating them in breadcrumb mixture.
- Line bottom of casserole dish with buttered/crumbed shrimp.
- Continue doing this with all shrimp, layer after layer until all shrimp are in casserole dish.
- Take any leftover breadcrumb mixture and pour it into the remaining butter, stir until all is coated.
- Take by the handful and sprinkle over the top of the shrimp.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (depending on how many layers you have.) If you find you don't have extra breadcrumbs or butter, MAKE MORE!
- Crush the Ritz crackers, add breadcrumbs and melt butter!