1 hr 5 mins
This is by request...Not for anyone on a low fat diet! It's also great as an appetizer for a party, just use small plates and forks to serve it. I don't remember where I got it but I think it might have been on a butter box. (Land-O-Lakes???) My family requests it at every family occasion. I have to tell you that I don't measure everthing in this recipe anymore. Just by eye now and I love garlic so you might go easy on it if your not a huge fan! (FYI, I have butter on the stovetop, a bowl with breadcrumb mix next to it, and casserole dish next to it. Sort of like an assembly line!) Recipe can be halved or quartered!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled,cleaned & deveined,set aside
- 1 lb butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes (approx)
- 2 tablespoons dried chives (optional)
- 2 cups crushed Ritz crackers, i use the low sodium kind now,it my preference (don't crush to finely, leave chunky)
- 1 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Mix ground pepper, parsley, chives, Ritz crackers and bread crumbs together in a large bowl.
- 2Have bowl near stovetop.
- 3Sprinkle a handful (1/2 cup) of breadcrumb mixture in bottom of casserole dish, set aside.
- 4In 2 qt saucepan saute crushed garlic clove then discard.
- 5Add 1 lb of butter to sauce pan and melt over low heat.
- 6Keep heat very low and add shrimp, several at a time to butter, quickly removing them and coating them in breadcrumb mixture.
- 7Line bottom of casserole dish with buttered/crumbed shrimp.
- 8Continue doing this with all shrimp, layer after layer until all shrimp are in casserole dish.
- 9Take any leftover breadcrumb mixture and pour it into the remaining butter, stir until all is coated.
- 10Take by the handful and sprinkle over the top of the shrimp.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes (depending on how many layers you have.) If you find you don't have extra breadcrumbs or butter, MAKE MORE!
- 12Crush the Ritz crackers, add breadcrumbs and melt butter!
Browse Our Top Taste/Mood Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 776.8
- Calories from Fat 584
- Total Fat 64.9 g
- Saturated Fat 39.5 g
- Cholesterol 393.0 mg
- Sodium 793.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 33.9 g