Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I've been tinkering with shrimp scampi recipies for a while and came up with this. Everyone raved and said I should post it. Hope you like it as much as they did.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove elephant garlic or 3 cloves regular garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons butter
- fresh parsley
- dredge shrimp in flour and set aside.
- combine olive oil, garlic, red bell pepper and red pepper flakes in a large skillet and saute on med low heat for 20 minutes to infuse flavors turn heat up to med high and add tomatoes and shrimp and cook until just pink add wine, butter and lemon juice and cook until sauce thickens.
- garnish with parsley and serve with bread to sop up sauce.
Excellent recipe. I used about 1 1/2 lb. of jumbo shrimp. Other than that, followed the recipe exactly. Will surely be making this one again!
Yum, this sounds wonderful. I will try it this week for sure. I will let you know how we like it, but I am sure we will. Thelma Louise