Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pico de Gallo adds a flavor to this dish that is unique, the garlic and jalapeños blend very nicely. I purchase the pico de gallo in the vegetable section of our supermarket, but there are several good recipes here on Zaar also
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 12 ounces linguine, cooked
- Over medium low heat, heat butter and oil in a deep skillet.
- Add garlic and cook one minute.
- Add cream and wine, bring to a low simmer, allow to reduce for about 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp, cook on one side 2 minutes, turn and cook an additional 2 minutes or until shrimp are no longer opaque.
- Serve over cooked pasta and top with pico de gallo.
- Optional: Squeeze fresh lemon over top.
Nice dish. I made this exactly as per the recipe. We found that the sauce didn't thicken much and at first seemed rather bland. Once the dish sat for a few minutes and the flavours of the sauce, the pico de gallo and the lemon melded, it was very good. I would suggest letting the sauce cool down for 5 minutes or so before serving atop the pasta.