Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This scampi came from one of my cook books. I serve it with rice. The marinate time is long but the recipe is good.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- In a plastic food storage bag, combine oil, salt pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Add shrimp to oil mixture and turn shrimp to coat well.
- Marinate shrimp for 2 hrs in refrigerator turning shrimp several times.
- Skewer shrimp through the middle of the body and fit them so they are barely touch.
- Place shrimp on a broiler pan and brush with marinade.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat Broil 6 minunts on one side.
- Turn shrimp over and brush with marinade.
- Continue to cook 6 minutes or until opaque inside and well seared on the outside.
- Serve with lemon wedge on the side.
I have not made yet but where did the red sauce come from in the illustration? Looks good but nothing in the ingredient list would create it??
Very easy, very nice. I think it needs a little more salt. Otherwise, good!
This was a wonderful recipe! My whole family loved it and it was so easy! I think marinating the shrimp for 2 hours is what gives this recipe so much flavor. The only alteration I made was that I added the juice of one lemon to the marinade. It was such a big hit that I know it will become a favorite here in our home.