Recipe by Gina's Cucina
This scampi came from one of my cook books. I serve it with rice. The marinate time is long but the recipe is good.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs jumbo shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic food storage bag, combine oil, salt pepper, oregano, and garlic.
- Add shrimp to oil mixture and turn shrimp to coat well.
- Marinate shrimp for 2 hrs in refrigerator turning shrimp several times.
- Skewer shrimp through the middle of the body and fit them so they are barely touch.
- Place shrimp on a broiler pan and brush with marinade.
- Broil 3 inches from the heat Broil 6 minunts on one side.
- Turn shrimp over and brush with marinade.
- Continue to cook 6 minutes or until opaque inside and well seared on the outside.
- Serve with lemon wedge on the side.