Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Not for the diet conscious, but they are soooo delicious!
Make and share this Shrimp Scampi recipe from Food.com.
- Place the flour in a bowl and set aside.
- Place butter and garlic in a large skillet and saute until garlic is fragrant and sizzling.
- Toss the shrimp in the flour and shake away the excess, add to the skillet along with the mushrooms; cook until they become golden.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and add the wine and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley.
Loved it! Sue warned me not to skimp on fresh parsley and use the dry "fish food" as she called it. So I went and bought fresh! Stupid me I had the parsley so much on my mind that I bought it and forgot to buy the mushrooms! Did not want to delay my meal another day, so made it without the mushrooms and it was still delicious. Next time I will add the mushrooms as it will make it even better. I also rushed it a bit so all the alcohol did not burn off. That was a slight problem as I served it over angle hair pasta. The alcohol was a bit bitter on the pasta but not at all noticeable on the shrimp alone. So I know that was my fault for rushing. I love garlic and this had plenty of it. I used the butter as Sue suggested and it was great, but I am thinking it would be equally good and less cholesterol if made with olive oil. I may try it that way. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for another fantastic recipe Sue!
We made this scampi dish for dinner tonight and liked it. It is very decadent. The lemon taste was very pronounced (maybe my lemon was just very juicy?). We served over angel hair pasta. A quick and easy dish. Thanks.
This dish was great! I replaced the sherry with a cup of Chateau St. Michelle Chardonnay. The sauce was the perfect thickness to eat over a thin pasta. Will definately make again!