Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Once the shrimp are peeled, this is a very quick and delicious weeknight meal. I listed pasta, but you could also serve it over rice, on a baguette, or by itself. To make it a complete meal, I often add about 2 cups frozen peas. This recipe is a modified version of the shrimp scampi from Lucinda Scala Quinn's television show "Mad Hungry".
- 453.59 g pasta
- 0.25 ml salt (generous amount)
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 907.18 g large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 0.25 ml ground black pepper
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes (or 1 tsp minced fresh hot red pepper)
- 22.18 ml lemon zest (freshly grated)
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 14.79 ml butter
- Boil a large pot of water and add a generous pinch of salt. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large saute pan and add the olive oil, swirling to coat the pan. Add the shrimp to the hot oil in a single layer. Sprinkle with the freshly ground pepper. When the shrimp looks pink and opaque (about 2 min), turn them over. Add the garlic and red pepper. Stir constantly for 1 - 2 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic or overcook the shrimp.
- Add the lemon zest and white wine to the shrimp. Stir to reduce the wine slightly. Add the lemon juice, cooked pasta, and reserved pasta water to the pan. Toss.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and the parsley and give it another toss. Taste and add any additional salt or pepper if needed before serving.
Garlic, shrimp, wine, lemon - some of my most favorite ingredients! This recipe was super quick and easy to make and very flavorful. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 Cruisin' Culinary Queens
Wonderful recipe PanNan, it was perfect. The right balance of heat, citrus, shrimp and wine. Yum, I served it over eggless noodles for a wonderful meal. thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe. Which we will enjoy again. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 - suitcase Gourmets.
Love, love, love shrimp scampi. Tried not to succumb to this recipe during the tour, because I'm watching my calories....but just had to make it! So glad I made the sacrifice. Served over vermicilli. Thanks for sharing! Made for ZWT!