Recipe by Cook-a-holic
A healthy twist on Shrimp Scampi, from Holly Clegg's a Trim and Terrific Louisiana Kitchen.
Top Review by Kells187
Wonderful light shrimp scampi recipe. Flavors and colors were great. First time making schrimp scampi and I will never make it another way. I used 1 pound 8 ounces frozen shrimp, dethawed, and enlarged the recipe accordingly. Perfect amount with one box of linguine. I also used dried parsely and it worked fine.
- 2 tablespoons light margarine
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- cooked angel hair pasta or rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat margarine in large skillet and saute'shrimp until it begins to turn pink. Add garlic and green onion, cooking for 1 minute longer.
- Add chicken broth, tomato and seasonings. Cook about 5 minutes, or until shrimp are fully cooked and sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve over rice or pasta.