Recipe by Art C
One of the best shrimp scampi recipe's I have found.
Top Review by mama smurf
Made for Spring PAC and what a delicious recipe. I wondered a little about the oregano but it was just fine. I did add more garlic and used scallions (that is what I had on hand) but otherwise followed the instructions. Oh yes, I did add some red pepper flakes for a little zing also. Delicious! Next time when I have a lemon I will add some lemon juice to the recipe before serving also...that's what I usually do. Thank you for a great recipe!
- 1 (16 ounce) bag large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Defrost shrimp according to recommended thawing instructions.
- Heat olive oil and saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes in large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour wine or stock into pan and reduce (5 minutes).
- Add shrimp and heat 2-3 minutes or until hot through the center (do not over cook. Stir in the butter, oregano and parsley. Salt and pepper for added flavor.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or rice. Enjoy!