Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
One of the best shrimp scampi recipe's I have found.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag large shrimp
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- Defrost shrimp according to recommended thawing instructions.
- Heat olive oil and saute onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes in large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour wine or stock into pan and reduce (5 minutes).
- Add shrimp and heat 2-3 minutes or until hot through the center (do not over cook. Stir in the butter, oregano and parsley. Salt and pepper for added flavor.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or rice. Enjoy!
Made for Spring PAC and what a delicious recipe. I wondered a little about the oregano but it was just fine. I did add more garlic and used scallions (that is what I had on hand) but otherwise followed the instructions. Oh yes, I did add some red pepper flakes for a little zing also. Delicious! Next time when I have a lemon I will add some lemon juice to the recipe before serving also...that's what I usually do. Thank you for a great recipe!
This recipe is GREAT! It totally is first rate! This will be my Shrimp Scampi recipe, There is NOTHING wrong with recipe as is, TRUE! For personal taste, halved olive oil, butter, used mixed herbs as had on hand too! 1/4 cup Sauv Blanc did the trick, I am SO glad this recipe I did pick! Used 1 whole RED onion finely diced too, And of course for those who know me, 3 large pinchfulls of chili flakes too! Sprinkled with lemon juice before I did serve, MADE MY NIGHT! This recipe REALLY is a delight! GREAT for entertaining for my friends, The versatility and simplicity never ends! THANKS!