Recipe by swirlycinnacakes
An italian favorite among many restauranteers.
Top Review by karen
This recipe made some tasty shrimp. I've always made my scampi in a saute pan, and I think I like the browning you get on the shrimp by that method a tad better. But this was defnitely fast & easy and would be a good alternative if you need some quick garlicky shrimp in a large quantity and don't want to have to do batches in a saute pan. I used pre-cooked shrimp, which sped up the recipe even more. Made for Pick A Chef 2007.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the shrimp in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and pour the butter mixture over. Broil for 5 to 8 minutes, turning and basting once.
- Sprinkle with the parsley and serve, spooning the pan juices over the shrimp.